Wednesday, April 6

Seitan 'n Salsa

This dish was so delish. I put everything in the crock pot in the morning, and I could smell the wonderfulness wafting from my home even before I opened the front door. Positive reviews from everyone! Feel free to substitute anything for the seitan - tofu, tempeh, portabello mushrooms or even mock chicken.

1/2 recipe Cheater Seitan
1 12oz can corn
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup salsa of your choice - the chunkier the better
1 12oz can tomato sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups black beans
Real salt to taste

Put all ingredients in a crock pot. Cook on low for at least 4 hours, but I cooked mine for 9 and it worked out fine. If possible, stir from time to time to ensure the dish doesn't burn.

Serve over brown rice, barley or whole wheat pasta. If desired, garnish with non-dairy sour cream and non-dairy cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment