Thursday, April 8

Creamy Vegan Ranch


I love Ranch. I do. But I don't love the waist-increasing fat that comes from mayonnaise, sour cream and other dairy-based foods. And let's face it - the low-fat and fat-free versions on the market just don't cut it. So, when I decided to eliminate animal products from my diet, giving up Ranch dressing was certainly a challenge. I threw this in the blender this morning for something to drizzle over my veggies for lunch. Yum-o! :~)

Ingredients
1/3 cup raw cashews, soaked in hot water at least 30 minutes
1 t. apple cider vinegar (I like Bragg's)
1 T. nutritional yeast
1 to 2 t. dried dill
1/4 c. soy milk (more or less depending on desired consistency)
Real Salt to taste

Drain cashews. Place all ingredients in a blender, starting with less soy milk (like my mama always told me, you can always add more but you can't take it out once its in there!). Puree until completely smooth. It may be necessary to stop the blender and scrape the sides.

Serving Suggestion: Pour over cooked veggies, beans and grains, use as salad dressing or as a dip for raw vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment